View Single Post
04-11-13, 09:12 AM   #17
j800r
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Does your computer somehow not support multitasking? Even in fullscreen you should be able to Alt-Tab to other programs, putting them in the foreground and moving the fullscreen game window to the background... o_O
Oh, I'm able to do it, but it's a major inconvenience and my system is not exactly a monster. It's not bad, but the Graphics Card lets it down.

iMac 21.5" mid 2010
Intel Core i3 3.06Ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

It's certainly no slouch, but it's not exactly built for top-end gaming. Still, I may try out Windowed mode just to see exactly how much performance is impacted.

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The only real appeal to using native fullscreen and to a further extent, downscaling the resolution, is so a severely outdated video card isn't stressed as much to render the same frames. If you have a video card that's more than capable of running in windowed mode at a decent FPS rate, then you shouldn't be running native fullscreen. If you still want the illusion of a fullscreen game, many games have an option to run in a Borderless Window.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head here dude. I play in native fullscreen to achieve the best possible performance. I'm sure there are many other WoW players who do the same or play on less powerful systems than me even.