View Single Post
03-28-10, 12:23 AM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The browser is completely disjoint from Minion, so there won't be any communication between the Minion application and the ad, if that's what you're worried about.

Basically the way the ad window works is by opening up your default browser in an extremely small form with no UI and sticking it in the application. Anything your browser can do can be done with Minion's ad browser, so the question becomes more of "is your browser secure enough?" I'm not sure what's causing UAC to pop up though. If you see it again, can you please record the detailed information it gives you so I know what it's trying to run?

That being said, I'll look into ways of applying appropriate restrictions if possible. However, like I said, this runs on your default browser's platform, so any such restrictions would be in addition to what should be an already-secure setup on your browser for typical internet browsing.

-- Shirik

EDIT: P.S. I don't in any way endorse the automatic popup advertisements and will do everything I can to get this stopped.

EDIT2: P.P.S. The unfamiliar popup window that appears to be running an application is in fact Minion's browser (well, the UI that goes along with your browser embedded) so it's not like it's executing arbitrary code. That's the same window you would get if you were to click on an ad in many cases (though this is partially dependent upon the type of ad).
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Last edited by Shirik : 03-28-10 at 12:26 AM.