View Single Post
12-13-07, 06:08 PM   #46
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by septor
I don't know if this has already been posted or mentioned, I really can't read through all the walls of text with repeated stuff to find out if it has though, so here:

I use WAU all the time. Does this mean I update all the mods when it says there's an update? No, I don't. The only time I ever update an addon is if it's giving me errors. Since all of the addons listed in files.wowace.com are considered beta, it's really really ignorant to update each and every addon you have every time there's an update unless you're getting errors for them all.

Authors are all the time adding, removing, rewriting, etc stuff for the addons there and they aren't fully tested. Updating every mod everytime you run WAU is just asking for errors and problems.

"If it's not broken, don't fix it."
That's precisely why I began asking the last functioning revision numbers for the mods discussed here. I've long since abandoned the fact that progression shouldn't equal regression, but we are after all playing a Blizzard product. In any event, if you happen to know the last revision of LocationFu that worked properly with Fubar, kindly post if you will. I for one would appreciate it.

The only thing ignorant about using WAU to update mods is failing to recognize that sometimes authors go backwards. It is sometimes very difficult to determine when that is going to happen.