View Single Post
12-13-07, 06:55 PM   #47
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Republic
That's precisely why I began asking the last functioning revision numbers for the mods discussed here. I've long since abandoned the fact that progression shouldn't equal regression, but we are after all playing a Blizzard product. In any event, if you happen to know the last revision of LocationFu that worked properly with Fubar, kindly post if you will. I for one would appreciate it.

The only thing ignorant about using WAU to update mods is failing to recognize that sometimes authors go backwards. It is sometimes very difficult to determine when that is going to happen.
Hi I just wanted to add something that may help you get Fubar working with LocationFu. The problem I found was that the version of the jostle library (3.0) used by the latest version of Fubar is actually newer than the version of the jostle library (2.0) used by locationFu. What this means then is that you'd actually want to find a version of fubar with the older version of the jostle library. I've done all I can by posting what needs to be changed (imho) on JIRA and I mentioned it on the wowace IRC. I don't know which version of fubar has the older version of the jostle library but I just have a feeling that it was "Pre-Rock". Like I mentioned previously in a post, you can just install a minimap mod like Rico Minimap for now as the jostle library compatibility issue between the two different versions only seems to break the blizzard default ui minimap.