View Single Post
08-05-10, 07:58 AM   #982
WyriHaximus
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nefrirr View Post
In spite of my wisecracking comments on "the (g)olden days" of programming, I myself wouldn't want to go back to that age. I have to admit that I actually write most of my code not only with modern design principles in mind, but even sacrifice speed for readability (I mostly do implementations in a research context, where the task is mainly to understand algorithms or do a proof of concept, not for end users).

The ironic thing is that I am often forced to use ANSI C and basically simulate OO design principles without proper language support. It's a twisted world.
Haha that reminds me off this commercial (it's in dutch) with an old guy ranting about how everything was better in the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCj-c0K06Q . Doing the same here tho trying to optimize where possible even if it means breaking a pattern a bit. The problem for me is mostly projects get to massive to do them without MVC, OO and all. But the memory of the good old days makes it all ok even at my age .
Originally Posted by AtliThor View Post
Sadly, this is the best ISP in my area. You don't want to hear about the second best...
Haha would love the hear about the second best