View Single Post
04-25-12, 01:02 AM   #11
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
As long as the UIs are in categories which actually match the UI, it should be fine. On that front, though, it may make enforcing proper category placement a little harder.
This is the trick of it all. While most add-ons will fit within one or even several categories without much doubt, there are a few categories that are very much open to interpretation.

Simple example: Graphical compilations.

To me it would mean UI's that use artistic flourishes that are more or less there for beauty sake. While you can very easily make a case of very minimal UI's being a graphical style. Which of course they are. The case could be made for what really is minimal too. While it is less broad it is by no means closed to discussion. I do recall there being a rather exhaustive and somewhat hotly debated thread on the very subject.

I don't really foresee this being a huge issue, I can certainly understand how it could get frustrating. I found a few tonight that I thought were vague enough in definition (in my opinion) for some of the categories they were in. I'm sure others (author included =P) would disagree.

It's not a perfect system. I think its is still more positive and out weighs the negatives by a large margin.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 04-25-12 at 01:04 AM.