View Single Post
08-18-12, 06:57 PM   #89
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Even though I have removed every addon that requested removal, at least 70% of them are technically not owned by the current author.
This part of his reply to Seerah is a flat-out lie. My addons have NOT been removed.

Got another response today:

Ms. Kinley,

I'm well aware that you filled out a DMCA form. The issue is whether you are truly the owner or not.

Two quick questions and we can solve this as I did over the phone quickly and amiably with other authors.

1) Are you the original and only author of the addon?

If the answer to both is yes then this is easy and I can solve the issue straight away. I'm trying to make this problem go away, both for you and for myself.

If you are not the original author then just send me something showing that the original author passed you all rights and I can get this solved.

If we were not spammed by fake takedown requests sent by staff of competing sites this would be a much quicker process.

I apologize for causing you any frustrations. Let's get this solved so you can get back to creating addons.

All the best,

John Hoskin
Creative Director
TenTonHammer.com
Out of curiosity, has anyone talked to this guy on the phone, or is this another blatant lie?