View Single Post
08-18-12, 07:14 PM   #93
Resa1983
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
They're actually hosted by Convoke Communications (info in my post here).

I did send a takedown notice to Tucows for good measure; their response indicated that the site in question was not hosted on their servers, but is using their "domain whois privacy" service, and that they had forwarded the message to the domain registrant.

I have not recieved a response from Convoke yet. I couldn't find a DMCA registered agent for them on the US Copyright Office list, so I just sent it to the support email address listed on their website.
Convoke is 100% Canadian - they'll accept a DMCA, and forward it to their customer, and that's the extent of their involvement. I called them yesterday and he summarized what they could & couldn't do, and sent me an email (because I said I was calling on behalf of several dozen authors who'd had their works infringed upon) and sent this to me for you all:
http://pastebin.com/MME0RytK

The lawyer I talked to last night, said that your only recourse may be to sue if they're going to pull nonsense and refuse to remove addons, despite the fact that original authors are gone, and new authors have picked up the reins.