View Single Post
05-24-09, 11:27 AM   #47
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
Originally Posted by gman265 View Post
Scott,

I don't know what is going on, but I always seem to be in the minority. When other people have problems, my system runs like a dream. When changes are made to correct problems, that is when my system starts acting up.

Now I will be the first to say that I am an addon junkie. I have quite a few addons running at the same time. That said...when I am trouble shooting problems, I always backup my WTF folder, delete it and begin the process of disabling 5 addons at a time until I find the cause of my problem(s).

After about an hour of using this method, I have 2 addons that seem to aggravate the Bliz garbage collecting bug.

nUI and Carbonite

I am sure other addons have the same issue, its just these 2 that cause the most problems. Even running solo with no other addons, the problem is there, it just takes a little longer to peak.

I am running the latest version 5.03.04-Dev on a Macbook Pro w/ 2gb ram.
I don't do much raiding so I can't tell you if this happens in a raid scenario. With all my addons active, it takes about 1 hr for me to start having low FPS and high memory usage issues.
(FPS drops to 5)
(nUI memory usage jumps from 10mb to 55mb)
(Carbonite memory usage jumps from 13mb to 25mb)

Both nUI and carbonite running solo, it takes about 3 hrs for the problem to start. I have not tested all my addons solo, but Auctioneer ( which is the next addon with high memory usage ) running solo for 5 hrs does not cause the issue. LOL.. I have way to many addons to test them all out solo. This round of testing took me almost a week to do.

I waited this long to report my problem because I wanted to make sure I isolated all other addons first.

I know there are some bugs with Bliz and you are doing all you can to lighten the problem. I just figured I would report my problem with some detail, just in case there are others out there who were affected with the latest update. I don't think there is anything that can be done, until Bliz fixes issues on their end. I could be wrong though. I am no programmer, just a user that knows enough to be dangerous.

I did not have the memory or FPS issue until this last release. And yes, /nui rl does clear the problem. That is how I have been getting by. About every hour I have to send that command and then I am good for another hour.

Thanks,

gman
I can second on this issue. Same two addons. Carbonite and nUI. This became a major issue as of late seeing as I've started to doing Wintergrasp multiple times daily and it's usual practice to form 40 man raid groups. Memory usage absolutely sky rockets once the group is maxed to the point that I've got a addon switcher addon to change to a bare minimum addons enabled profile just to go to WG. nUI I've seen go through the roof, and carbonite will spike ahead with it as well. I'm quite aware of the intense and limitless spell intensity ect with the WG zone but I believe I have my settings at a optimal medium and perhaps lower than needed with the system I'm running.

I've got 4GB memory w/Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS card w/ 1GB DDR3 dedicated ram