View Single Post
09-01-10, 10:24 AM   #3333
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by blkdrgn View Post
New layout with raid setting.

I am really growing on this setup. I took alot of advice from people here and changed a few things.

The buffs are at the top of the screen (no more text, good old fashioned buttons)

I reverted back to a standard cleaner looking text. Did a few textures here and there.

I put the portraits back on Player and Target, because well, thats a great spot for a cast bar=)

The only thing I dont know about is where to put the party frame. I guess the top where they are default will work fine for now. I am open to suggestions on that.
Since you're a hunter like me, I'm going to take some time to comment on your UI.

The main problem I see here is the raid frames' position in the center of your screen. As a DPS class with no healing capabilities whatsoever I feel that's not the most appropriate place to put them. If I were you I'd move that grid to the topleft of the screen, that way it would be symmetrical with the buffs (especially in a raid when you have a lot of buffs).

Next, Omen and Recount. I've always been a big advocate of never putting those next to each other, since they tend to look very similar and the last thing you want in a boss fight is to confuse your position on the damage meter with the one on the threat meter To preserve your layout, I'd make Recount text-based (i.e. hide the bars) while keeping the bars on Omen, then put Omen on the left and Recount on the right, since the threat meter is more important and should be closer to your immediate field of vision.

Other changes would be purely cosmetic, such as matching the skin on your buffs with your action bars, hiding the title bar on Omen and shrinking Recount a bit so it doesn't overlap your panel's border. Oh, and hide those pesky red errors

Lastly, there's some other stuff that you didn't show here, such as hunter's mark/serpent sting timers, cooldowns (is it just the screenshot or you don't have OmniCC on your action bars?), boss timers, pet bar, so can't really comment on that; however, overall, it's a pretty solid layout and feels well put together.