View Single Post
04-16-09, 08:53 AM   #488
Zmorfius
A Murloc Raider
I never used wowmatrix, i use another more low profile updater that is unfortunately also affected by this ban.

What confuses me is that in your post you admit that both curse and wowinterface have trouble keeping up with the demand for updates.

I understand people deep linking content "you" pay to host are doing something wrong, but then i see you also dont like it when they maintain a mirror database.....

Now i understand some addon authors may dislike other websites hosting there addons and you certainly do your best to pretend this clamp down is in defence of the poor developers but i think the reality is much different.

Its alot like the music industrie billing artist for uploading new songs to there "own personal websites".

Whats next, will you make addon authors sign a agreement there addons will only be hosted at your site and they are not allowed to upload elsewhere or announce they dont mind people hosting without asking?

I think its time for a peer-to-peer addon client, that way u cant hide behind bandwith bull****.....

But lets face it, its all about the bacon aint it?