View Single Post
04-16-09, 08:57 AM   #492
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Thengus View Post
Gaimon, you can play with semantic as much as you want, but if nobody (I'm referring to us "users") would visit this website WOWI would not see a dime, hence even if I'm not the one paying (directly) WOWI get some money every time I visite a page with some ads on.
You are the one who is actually not getting it, but if you really want to argue semantics, then so be it. The money actually comes from the companies whose ads are being hosted by WoWI. _YOU_ as a user are not financially burdened in any way, while visiting the site or downloading an addon. More specifically, if you are using an ad blocker (since a lot of people claim that they do), then your entire argument becomes moot.

Finally as both curse and WOWI has the final goal to implement paid subscriptions, they already consider us customers, the only difference is that they also want to cut out loss from adblockers and get the money directly from us…

Thengus, Shadowsong
Please provide a quote from an official source, stating that access to addons or the website itself will be restricted to "future subscribers". I know for a fact that Curse intends to implement such a program for certain features in their updater, but not the addons themselves, while I have personally never heard anything on the matter from WoWI (at least nothing in the past few months).