View Single Post
04-16-09, 01:19 PM   #497
Thengus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
You are the one who is actually not getting it, but if you really want to argue semantics, then so be it. The money actually comes from the companies whose ads are being hosted by WoWI. _YOU_ as a user are not financially burdened in any way, while visiting the site or downloading an addon. More specifically, if you are using an ad blocker (since a lot of people claim that they do), then your entire argument becomes moot.

Please provide a quote from an official source, stating that access to addons or the website itself will be restricted to "future subscribers". I know for a fact that Curse intends to implement such a program for certain features in their updater, but not the addons themselves, while I have personally never heard anything on the matter from WoWI (at least nothing in the past few months).
ah, but using an ad blocker is the same as using wowmatrix… i do not load the adds… allow me to quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn
WowMatrix leeches from the legitimate hosting sites without permission, let alone compensation. [...]. WowInterface and Curse use a lot of bandwidth every month which costs a lot of money. The way we pay our bills is through site ads, which are directly dependent on users viewing them, and premium memberships. WowMatrix bypasses our download pages, and, as a result, people are not viewing the ads. Of course, this means the ads aren't generating any revenue to pay for the bandwidth. [...]
(emphasis added)

this should make clarity on both you points and if you haven't read it, this quote comes from the first post of this thread…