View Single Post
06-29-09, 04:59 PM   #5
chanceibmny
An Aku'mai Servant

Thank you Xrystal, things are becoming *clearer* just all the pieces haven't fallen into place for me yet, but I can see more pieces of the puzzle so to speak. The examples helped greatly... while I've looked at a few .toc files myself (especially back in the day pre-tbc when we were all using Cosmos and had to update the toc "Interface: ####" ourselves... I know you guys remember!) I generally never understood what I was looking at past the first block of comments (Everying past "## SavedVariables").

Correct me if I'm wrong... but that first code snippet looks a lot similiar to VisualBasic.... meaning "if <this> then <this> otherwise do <this>". Which of course makes that part of the code easier for me to look at and 'tweak' as I used to know VB2 (yes, old school) and while I refuse to claim any sort of "programming background" it does help in it's way.

Let me ask you though (and since PTR is down I cannot give more detail, I'm sorry), when I last logged into the PTR, I had bugsack throw some errors my way, on addons I don't use anyway. Since I'm trying to work out FuBar, I shifted through BugSack but never saw any error code for FuBar... what would you do if your addon was not working on PTR and you had no errors in BugSack or similiar addon?

Somone in another forum told me to not work on an addon that was broken, but the way I see it thats exactly what I do want to do... how do you learn to fix something not broken?