View Single Post
11-04-09, 02:42 AM   #24
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Observations from 10747 :
Disclaimer : Tested this on build 10747. Some changes might of course had come on a previous build but I didn't personally test them. What follows may change on a later build.

Gave the new buff options a go. It will now group buffs. These will appear under a single icon that when you mouse over them will show the buffs underneath it. Tried it out with Horn of Winter and it had a golden icon with a "1" on it. Mousing over it showed the normal Horn of Winter icon.

The new tutorials are pretty friggin cool. They now have a Prev and Next button on them. The Icon down below has a number on it for how many tips you haven't looked at. You can also page back to previous ones in case you've forgotten something.

The timing of them seems to be a little better then previous threads but seems a little off in places. On my Testcow toon it didn't show the flash card for Spells & Abilities until I had killed my 2 Cougar. Did it expect me to melee everything until then ??

The new Quest Helper like feature appears to had a lot of work done on it.
When you track a quest it appears in the objectives tracker with a numbered button on it. Pressing this button brings up the world map with the area you need to look in on the map highlighted with the same numbered icon in the rough centre of it.

EG if you're tracking a quest and the quest appears in the objective tracker as "3" there will be a "3" button on the tracker. Clicking opens the map with the area you need for the quest highlighted in Blue and a "3" icon in the rough centre of it.

When you complete a quest you are tracking it automatically starts tracking the next one in the chain. A nice feature.

The map also has quests on the left and the text of the quest down the bottom. When not tracking any quests it appears to disappear , reverting back to the old style map.

There's also a Southwest pointing arrow icon at the top of the map that converts it into a smaller Cartographer like map window. Not moveable by default nor can it seems be able to right click it to unlock it. The small version is still using the same frame names so it should in theory be possible to move it with a frame moving addon.

Also the quest tracking feature appears to work via zone. That is if your not in the zone for the quests you are tracking then it doesn't do the whole number buttons on the OT and icons on the map. If you change the zone your map displays to the one which you are tracking quests for the map changes to bring up the quest tracker icons and stuff.

All in all the quest tracking features are coming on nicely. Would be nice to have a single preference to turn them all off tho - I had to turn all the options in the Objectives screen in Interface options before they went away.

Disclaimer : Tested this on build 10747. Some changes might of come on a previous build but I didn't personally test them. What follows may change on a later build.

Gave the new buff options a go. It will now group buffs. These will appear under a single icon that when you mouse over them will show the buffs underneath it. Tried it out with Horn of Winter and it had a golden icon with a "1" on it. Mousing over it showed the normal Horn of Winter icon.

The new tutorials are pretty friggin cool. They now have a Prev and Next button on them. The Icon down below has a number on it for how many tips you haven't looked at. You can also page back to previous ones in case you've forgotten something.

The timing of them seems to be a little better then previous threads but seems a little off in places. On my Testcow toon it didn't show the flash card for Spells & Abilities until I had killed my 2 Cougar. Did it expect me to melee everything until then ??

The new Quest Helper like feature appears to had a lot of work done on it.
When you track a quest it appears in the objectives tracker with a numbered button on it. Pressing this button brings up the world map with the area you need to look in on the map highlighted with the same numbered icon in the rough centre of it.

EG if you're tracking a quest and the quest appears in the objective tracker as "3" there will be a "3" button on the tracker. Clicking opens the map with the area you need for the quest highlighted in Blue and a "3" icon in the rough centre of it.

When you complete a quest you are tracking it automatically starts tracking the next one in the chain. A nice feature.

The map also has quests on the left and the text of the quest down the bottom. When not tracking any quests it appears to disappear , reverting back to the old style map.

There's also a Southwest pointing arrow icon at the top of the map that converts it into a smaller Cartographer like map window. Not moveable by default nor can it seems be able to right click it to unlock it. The small version is still using the same frame names so it should in theory be possible to move it with a frame moving addon.

Also the quest tracking feature appears to work via zone. That is if your not in the zone for the quests you are tracking then it doesn't do the whole number buttons on the OT and icons on the map. If you change the zone your map displays to the one which you are tracking quests for the map changes to bring up the quest tracker icons and stuff.

All in all the quest tracking features are coming on nicely. Would be nice to have a single preference to turn them all off tho - I had to turn all the options in the Objectives screen in Interface options before they went away.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)