View Single Post
08-29-12, 01:07 PM   #148
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
I agree you've done a fantastic job. Now that you have a working possibility go one step version and post it up on wowinterface, better yet I'll post it up now I have it set up from when I worked on stuff with Quokka, fan update going up now for you.
Please Don't.

The license agreement carbonite comes with does not allow modifications to the source, nor the redistribution of those changes.

Everything remains to be seen how the original developers treat what i've done to get it up and running and make everyone happy, but for now, if they decide to do anything legally it's against me and me alone since I'm the one distributing it. It was a risk I knew about when I started working on it, and one I was willing to take. It is also why on the download page I mention them and ask donations for the project to go to them with a note of why (Rythal's fan update) so that hopefully they do not look down or badly upon this fan update.

If it gets uploaded it to wowinterface or other addon sites, then they are also liable.

Last edited by Rythal : 08-29-12 at 01:34 PM.