Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
10-17-14, 12:11 PM   #43
maplejar
A Defias Bandit
Smile Willing to help

Rythal - I'd like to volunteer to help out in any way you need me to. I work from home three days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday), but even when I'm in the office I have access to WoW and in my downtime I can do what is needed there as well. However - I've never coded an addon before, so I'm not familiar at all with the language(s) used. I have some background with writing c++ (years ago, so I remember little of it) and PHP. I don't know if you're familiar with modding Infinity Engine games (the Baldur's Gate series for instance), but I also am familiar with the WeiDU language used to mod those games. My point is I'm not a total noob when it comes to the fundamental logic of programming - I'm just not familiar with modding WoW itself.

In any event - you can tell me what you need me to do, and I'll be happy to do it. I love Carbonite and would rather not play without it if possible. I'm not out to take this over, or step on your toes, but I am offering to help out in any way I can. Thank you for your continued work on Carbonite, and for keeping it alive and kicking when the original authors abandoned it.