View Single Post
05-01-09, 11:32 AM   #1052
Donnaterassi
An Aku'mai Servant
first off don't hates meh

Originally Posted by Bouvi View Post
The only beef I really have is the use of bandwidth simply because I would hate it if WoWi shut down. That is my bottom line.

I can see other authors issues with them serving old versions and having to deal with the support or the fact they use WoWi as an exclusive area to keep everything in one place. But my main concern was losing a valuable resource. WoWi is way more than an addon store to me.

Member since June 2005 and darn proud of it.
On GRAVE DIGGING. You can't say read before posting, then get pissy when people do. At any rate. I gave in to my need to have a "notquitesohardbutton" and tried CC again. It actually installed and seemed to be working as intended, mostly. But alarms are ringing in the back of my head because at the bottom CC identifies me as Donnaterassi: Premium. My concern is this: "When everyone is Premimum, then no one is." (that's a movie quote I changed to suit my purposes....anybody?)
[focus Donna]
And today I am Donnaterassi: Regular being offered the Carbonite deal.
[focus Donna]

Right. "Notquitesohardbutton" scans wow for me, tells me WM, bollixed my add on code, and that it will fix it. Yay. Anything it didn't recognize because WM code changes went to a separate tab for manual handling...(a good idea) anyway you all know how this works, but long story short (too late for that) CC managed to install both 3.1.1 and 2.4.x of WIM and was trying to run them both. So much for not installing old/out dated/obsolete code over new...it just makes duplicate applications. Grrr.

Last edited by Donnaterassi : 05-01-09 at 11:35 AM. Reason: lols wirty dorder doesn't like those hated by suni's