View Single Post
05-01-09, 12:39 PM   #1057
Donnaterassi
An Aku'mai Servant
That being said...

I put this up on Curse this morning, and will hit it onto blizz later, WM gets no love because they allow me no voice.

Patience with my rambles please I do have a point...

I love Carbonite, When QH was glitched and leaching resources like a big dog, Carbonite was there for me, leading me thru the strange Horde lands where a noOb with 18 Alli toons had NEVER been! But I hated that it kept "breaking" and you had to go to their site to fix it. I mean WTF, If I found it on WM in the first place, why couldn't I fix it on WM? And WM, like a drug dealer, teasing me with their get more addons and their "EASY BUTTON" (I mean who doesn't want an easy button?) I went from 4 addons that I had been manually updating from the various authors to (a one time high) of 146. But that was just silly. So I cut back, to 112. And WM kept everything running for me. When found stuff I liked I supported the writers (Ya its easy to say, and PayPal does keep records - but I have a family business so I know how it is)

Then 3.1 tuesday. Everyone knew there would be no raid because Blizz would NOT be able to stay up, Dalaran would absolutely suck. And all mods would have to be patched. On top of all that code drama, WowI and Curse managed to pull off the biggest FU ever! First and foremost to WM, but by association to all of us easy button users out there. I mean the codemonkeys had to have been amped out of their minds on Full Throttle and Bacon to get that together! Kudos. They single handedly made things really exciting on the forums for a couple of weeks.

Lots of changes were made. WoWI made changes. CC made some changes. WM made some changes. Donna made a lot of changes.

**down to 68 mods and looking at cutting 12 more this week** **Donna's Diet Program...lose 12 mods a week (and survive)**

I'm tired of all the QQ. Unless it's BBQQ.

Blizzard has sat back for the last little while saying, you kids work it out amongst yourselves, or we're gonna work it out for you, and if we get involved, you won't like the results. Reminds me of something my Ma used to say to me and my sisters. And we never liked the results when she worked things out.

NEVER.

Just FYI.

But, since you asked...
If I have to choose, I would choose this site.
But why, Donna?
1) There's a voice for me...bye WM.
2) It didn't get locked when "everything's been said"...later days CC.
3) Cair, Col, Shirik, Tek, Maul, et fils.

4) As an odd, sort of side note, my guy is the third ranked enhancement shaman on our server. 16th overall. He runs no mods at all. ZERO.

I find it humbling.

Last edited by Donnaterassi : 05-01-09 at 12:53 PM. Reason: chg blue to red. blue didn't work either