View Single Post
04-30-11, 11:45 AM   #10
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
Freebaser's oUF_Freeb is a relatively easy first edit imo, and might lend itself nicely to the frame designs you've already created. Dawn's oUF_Slim is another good one...some cool features to study (like bar alpha w/fill on loss).
I may not be a pro at coding/programming at all, but I can at least look at code and understand what it does to an extent, then change it to what I need. But changing a frame completely dependent on a different frame is a different matter and only meant to make the Author's, not the 'hacker's', life easier.

Especially when said frame is something along the lines of:
height*-(hpheight-.95) -- Taken from FreeB

Which from a glance (from my PoV) is meant to change the frame incase the independent frame is changed so that dependent frame changes along with it so he didn't have to go change every little thing.

But to me, I just groan 'cause I have no idea what I will mess up if I change it to just a straight number.

Wish there was a layout that let me change every variable in the LUA relatively easily instead of trying to hack one and figuring what the heck is being multiplied/subtracted/added etc etc xD
Say at the top, all the Frames Variables are there so you can change what you want for the new people trying to get into oUF, then all the main script loading (or w/e you call it, hooking?) those variables.

I was going to try oUF_Simple, because it's the closest to what I meant, but it's not showing anything when I loaded it. Boo.

While I want to use oUF, trying to get into it seems so taxing at the user using it and may take a long time to learn properly, years seeing as how most of you were doing this in TBC (looking at the old Screenshot thread) and such. I am probably just going to take a programming course this semester in college, then try again and hope for the best and use oUF as a learning tool.

EDIT: Also, is there ANY way to get rid of the BlizzardUI folders in the ...AddOns\\ folder? Or in someway shorten them? Really really ugly :P

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 04-30-11 at 12:16 PM.