View Single Post
08-12-12, 09:07 PM   #34
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zohar101 View Post
It seemed pretty dismal at the start of the MoP beta I admit ...
I've been around for every expansion's beta phase, and I'm always surprised by this kind of attitude. So many people seem to expect that every addon author gets into the beta right away, that every addon author has time to spent hours and hours updating all of their addons right away, and/or that updating addons just doesn't take any time at all. Most addon authors have a host of other obligations -- a day job, a family, a raid schedule to keep, a personal life outside of WoW -- that limit how much time they can -- or want to -- spend updating addons for a beta test that's months away from a release.

Another consideration that usually gets overlooked is that many addons don't need to be updated at all. You likely won't ever see a special "beta version" of such addons; you can just check the "Load out of date addons" box and you're good to go.

Originally Posted by zohar101 View Post
... and also LDB displays (only DockingStation which is a bit of a shock considering number of LDB plugins which are already MoP ready).
I think most LDB displays fall under the umbrella of "addons that work without any updates". Bazooka and Barrel work just fine.