View Single Post
11-12-08, 07:52 PM   #10
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
The forums are on a different IP address than the web site or the servers. When people cannot get on the game, they all flock to the forums to find out what's going on, or to vent their frustrations. With millions of people trying to get onto the forums it causes the site to slow down and eventually not load because of all the traffic. People are angry as hell (and rightfully so), and they were flooding the forums with some seriously nasty posts. Between the nasty posts and the forums being up and down due to the traffic, it makes perfect sense to shut things down or to make them read only. At least until tempers cool off.

Also, yesterday before things got really bad, the forums were experiencing major errors when you tried to post, so they did take them down to fix that. I watched things go from bad to worse yesterday... it wasn't pretty.
Yeah it did get pretty bad yesterday.

Must have been a nightmare to work at Blizz yesterday.

My only problem is the 'vague" not so helpful excuses they give. Just tell everyone what happened. Last night the the time for the servers to come back up changed 4 times (6 PST, 7 PST, 7:45 PST then it just said when they will have them up as soon as possible with no ETA)

I understand that a game of this size can have issues on a patch. Not everything can be caught by a handful of testers and stuff gets by them ... I get that. I also understand that they have everyone working possible to get the game back on line (imagine the OT they had to pay) I just wish they communicated better with us is all. I hate being left in the dark.

Hopefully in 3 hours the game can handle the Lich King crowd