View Single Post
11-18-08, 06:55 PM   #13
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

lol I know part of the problem, as I saw it happening because I was bored lol.

A lot of people were a lil ticked because not more were being offered for transfer server options.

There were so many servers that had over an hour, to an hour and a half, queue line, from everyone coming back to WoW, new players, etc, that it was quite the havoc. And more then a few don't have hours and hours to wait, what with work, school, or whatever, so they felt quite frustrated. In addition, a lot felt, "hey, we pay to play, why can't we actually play?"

I think it's calmed down mostly, at least on my server, which had been having over an hour wait. Haven't checked the forums in a bit, so don't know if the others are settling down. But I did post, one was just a suggestion to Blizz, and kudos on making a expansion that had so few bugs, and was so amazing that people were lining up to play lol, and one was letting them know about the queue problem on Dalaran (before I saw the 3000 other posts that flew past).

Anyways, during that time, if you read the newest posts (in that thread paticularly) when you refreshed (and I'm a very fast reader) you'd see that there were 3 more pages or more to read, just in the time it took you to read what was just posted. Like I said lol, I was bored.

lol someone got into the spirit of things, and started a forum "hangman" which was pretty cool, and some pretty neat/relaxed/funny comments. But those were in the huge minority.

There's now more realms open for transfers, although it appears that some of them aren't going as planned, and some are having issues with them.

Also I was just reading that some are missing gold when transferring gold to their alts. I was just mentioning (and hey, go ahead and check out what I wrote lol...I'm Jeania there, if your searching lol), that one thing I'm going to do is start a thread in my guild forums that updates people to current issues that may be occurring within the game, so that people are aware, and can possibly avoid problems themselves. Of course, I'd update when the situations have been resolved as well lol. Reason I'm mentioning that is...

Maybe WoWinterface (and it's various multitude of forums lol) could do the same as well? Not so much an open topic, people can start new topics or it could be linked "if you wish to discuss this, post in this thread" in the topic. But it could be called (just a hashing of possible thread titles) WoW Current Issues. Especially with your current connections with blizz (congrats on that btw, wow!) you are also more likely to be kept abreast of current situations, and when they seem to have been resolved. But each topic in the thread could mention the newest issue, and then it could be edited when there are updates, and when the issue has been resolved.

Just a thought lol. I do have to say I love this site, and I love the fact that you are all very willing to not only help, but to interact with those who post in the forums. Speaks very well of all of you, and I think a lot of people feel the same. Not brown-nosing lol, just thought it should be mentioned. Sometimes kudos need to be given, where it's applicable, you know what I mean?

Anyways, just an update on this thread, of what I've read, and my thoughts lol.

Laters! ^_^