View Single Post
11-17-17, 03:44 PM   #6
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
An author can also give WoWInterface permission to grab their update and post it here, as a minimal last resort. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51834
I think this is a good initiative to help making maintaining updates on here more automatic.

@Barleduq: If you aren't willing to create another web account (Twitch) just because you don't want to have yet another web account/password to worry about, keep in mind that addon authors may not be willing to create another web account/password (WoWInterface) to worry about either.

Titan Panel wants their users to create a SourceForge accounts for reporting bugs to their tracker, no-one's gonna want to do that lol... so everyone just sends bug reports in comments on curse and it's a mess. But I digress.

(I figure the bigger addon authors who are already using Git wouldn't really mind the extra effort to upload to WoWI, but I imagine that the less experienced authors who just write their lua and manually zip + upload the folders to Curse wouldn't really be willing to learn all this complicated API stuff, so YMMV if you ask an addon author about that.)