View Single Post
09-12-10, 11:19 AM   #3506
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I'd change your minimap to be a bit smaller though, so it matches chat frame height. It looks a little unbalanced now. Also, ever considered semi-transparent castbar background?

Castbar at the top looks a little out of place, too, for a bottom-centered UI. I'd have a hard time noticing it.

And change your quest tracker font. You can use mine if you like (I based mine on Seerah's code, anyways).
I have a hard time with the minimap, since either the border won't do as I say or Skada doesn't line up properly with it. It's a tough nut to crack. :/
As I have it right now, it is perfectly lined up, the only problem is with the chat alignment.

The castbar background is something I haven't touched on, I like it the way it is as it is such an important aspect of my UI so I don't want it faded out the slightest (in the way of a transparent background) to be able to see when my casts end etc.

It's at the top there, because I find it quickly with my eyes since I'm not really tunnelvisioning to the bottom of the screen all the time (Rather the other way around, I tunnelvision the world too much ) since I need to position myself in regards to party members etc.
I'll consider moving it, though, this is something that has worked for me in a very long time (as in, _very_ long time.) and I'd have to get used to something new.

The watch frame is rarely shown! But I'll change it. If I use your code, I'd have yet another one of your masterpieces in my UI. (Current ones are sFilter, rActionBarStyler, aChatMod)

Thanks for the insight! I'll look into everything for sure!

EDIT: To see how it worked, I tried making the chat frame as high as the minimap, and it looked terrible.
I have an idea to make a second chat box on the right, and move skada + minimap to the top left.

Last edited by Wimpface : 09-12-10 at 11:27 AM.