View Single Post
01-19-10, 09:24 PM   #31
Puck
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well, I thought it was my ex's new little internet boyfriend trying to steal my account, but I'm getting the exact same thing, 2-3 times a day now, as the rest. I do use 1 email address for most things, and have an authenticator, so I'm not worried (as much, there have been *rumors* that authenticators can still be hacked and someone even showed *proof* it could be/has been done). One thing that is fun to do, log onto those sites from a secure source (smart phone, Linux box, etc) and type in the replyto email address then some nice swear words, or use the presidents email address (president @ whitehouse . gov) and see what the secret service decides to do about the spam email HE gets!! Obviously you don't want to put your own info in there, but it's fun to put fake email addresses in there or just lots and lots of swear words. Due to possible virus', Trojans and the like, I wouldn't use a computer you were concerned about being infected. (Hence the Linux, MacOS, Smart Phone idea)

I've reported mine to [email protected] as well as reporting them as phishing to gmail. (notice most of us use gmail that are replying to this!?) It should also be noted, there's nothing anywhere related to "wow" "games" or anything else that shows it's for WoW or anything WoW related. (Some people said they have xxxx-wowinterface at whatever dot com, showing it's a wow-related email address). Ok, I'll shut up now.