View Single Post
06-17-10, 10:58 AM   #19
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ooo praise the anti virus. I wont quote all the remarks that im remarking back to but plain and simple. I dont need anti virus, never have, i know when i have a virus, i know how to deal with them. If you dont, by all means get antivirus.

I hear the free AVG is good as well. I wouldn't use it with your ten foot pole. That doesn't mean YOU shouldn't use it with your OWN pole...

There is absolutely no argument in the fact that they slow your system down. For me the security they provide is slim to none and not worth the performance decrease.

Many antivirus programs ESPECIALLY the free ones are in fact viruses/addware/malware/spyware. If you would like i can email you 100 sites with supposed antivirus that falls into one of the category's mentioned. and btw AVG is addware.... IMHO learning to not download viruses and how to deal with them WITHOUT an antivirus sounds much safer then trusting antivirus software.

Im not saying that the average joe shouldnt use norten or macafee or avg or something but i personally will not use them and i recommend to my clients that they also use other forms of protection rather then using antivirus. Since you can protect yourself at a more base lvl.

and its far from double standard they are two totally different things. you think your firewall and your antivirus fall into the same category to? to entirely different types of security, if they were not do you think they would come defaulted as both running when you install Windows?

Flat out people do need to 'wise up' which is exactly why i started this thread and posted that email. wise up to the fact the scammers are out there, they are getting better and we need to pay more attention. Dont rely on antivirus, learn more about whats going on. How it all works.

A lot of viruses disable your antivirus. Now what? The only way you ever know you have a virus is when your antivirus tells you? wow... and people wonder why they get hacked....

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]