View Single Post
11-02-10, 05:09 PM   #4
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Talking Done!

OK I have gone though the public API you mentioned and I was correct there are some small changes needed to be usable.

I have created a quick demo addon "CarbTestAddon V0.0.1 ALPHA.zip" and there is two lua files:

CarbTestAddon.lua: Is the main addon tha just puts 4 coloured icons and 4 coloured rectangles on the map.

Fixes.lua: This is my proposed changes to the public API (including adding a few simple pass-thoughs for icon level, alpha etc) and also a few small changes to functions to add colours to icons and right click though rectangles (There may be a better way to do this by using the "typ" but I couldn't work out your code for this! ). If you comment out line 51 "local Show = true;" and reload the ui it will remove the colour and right click changes so you can see the difference. The rest is just fixes to your already existing public API. I have commented all of the changes I propose.

I have tried to keep it simple and make all the changes ovious and complete so you don't need to do much if you agree you can almost cut-n-paste! Or at most small changes.

Thanks again! It will be nice to interface with Carbonite correctly!

Regards,

Zas

Last edited by Zasurus : 11-02-10 at 05:19 PM.