View Single Post
01-20-10, 04:32 PM   #12
Amenity
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Sorry, missed your last post while browsing job sites rofl. But glad you managed to get it working.

In answer to your questions though from the other post.

1. Is "parent" just a blank frame?
Nope, it's the name of the frame I want it parented to. Sorry, forgot it wasn't the full code I posted rofl. I call the function after the initial container window is created and pass that new window variable to it.

2. How in the hell did you get "WatchFrame:SetUserPlaced( true );" to work? When I tried that method it threw errors all over the place...that's why I'm doing the whole SavedVariable = GetPoint, OnEvent SetPoint(SavedVariable) thing.
I noticed I only got those errors if I passed the wrong parent frame to the function as it couldn't get hold of certain information the WatchFrame.lua code looks for.
1. Yeah I figured it wasn't blank, I was just curious as to what was goin' on there.

2. Hmm. I may have to give that another go.

And as an update...it borked again. Frame wasn't getting the correct scale, so I tossed this in there:
Code:
upscale = UIParent:GetScale()
cupcakescale = upscale
Started getting the exact same error that I was getting before when I expand the frame. So, I commented out that part, and...I'm still getting that error.

I'm gonna have to take a break from messing with this. I want to get some play time in eventually. (lol)