View Single Post
09-28-12, 05:27 AM   #3
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
A simpler solution (and one that's been discussed before, though I don't know if anyone ever implemented it and released an addon for it) would be to have an addon periodically advertise your tradeskill in Trade chat, give you a GUI for setting the price of items, and accept orders via whisper in a certain format (eg. they whisper "!getprice 5 [Awesome Item]" and your addon responds with the price you set for 5x Awesome Item, or they whisper "!codme 5 [Awesome Item] 25g" and your addon alerts you that someone is offering you 25g for 5x Awesome Item). If the other person had the addon installed, it could provide them with a GUI for checking your prices and placing orders, so they didn't have to type the whispers out themselves.

Granted "simple solution" is a bit of a misnomer, as this would not be a simple project by any means, and I have absolutely no interest (or time) to work on such a project, but it would be (sort of) possible.
I agree, this sounds like a big boy to create but.. It would be awesome. Like a trade channel revolution!