View Single Post
07-22-13, 07:33 AM   #10
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WOW never seen someone get so upset at an addon.

I'm going to agree with everything Phanx has said. He is absolutely right.

As an addon author I will give you some advice.

First, addon authors provide their addons free of charge and create them on their spare time. These addons usually are created out of a need to simplify an ingame mechanic. Addons authors aren't being paid to create and maintain their addons. Instead they make these addons to enrich the WOW addon community and provide useful alternatives to blizzard functions. (Out of the goodness of their hearts pretty much). So demanding that an addon author add a feature or to simplify a feature (just because you don't understand it) isn't going to amount to much. Take the time to read an addons description or even ask questions (POLITELY) to an addon author. You can make SUGGESTIONS and provide FEEDBACK to have something added to a addon, but remember we are programming these addons on our spare time (and for free). Don't expect it to be implemented overnight all the time.

I've always added feature requests to my addons when folks have asked politely or have had a valid argument for adding it. Sometimes it takes me a few days sometimes I can do it in 15 minutes.

Shouting at or fuming at an addon or it's author isn't going to get anything done. In fact it may have the complete opposite result. As the addon author may entirely ignore you.

That being said, I took the liberty to do a little research for you on oRA. I've known about the addon for years and have known it was a alternative replacement for CTRA. (Not a complete replacement mind you!) Now if you look at oRA3, they have decided to strip out a bunch of unused or useless code in an effort to streamline the core functions of oRA. It looks like they want to make oRA an independent addon. If you just LOOK at the description page of oRA3 you would have seen that. (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oRA3.html#info) There is no vote feature and main tank frames mentioned in the description. You can also see that oRA3 is not compatible with oRA2. The previous version of oRA2 was quite literally an exact duplicate of CTRA function but as a minimalistic approach. It had voting and it's own main tank windows. The fact that the previous version doesn't work with the current version should have given you a clue about the massive amount of changes in oRA3.

If you liked CTRA so much why didn't you just stick with it? I seriously don't understand why your fuming so much about this.

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }

Last edited by Xruptor : 07-22-13 at 07:36 AM.