View Single Post
05-12-10, 04:00 PM   #2222
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Eww, colours in a UI.

Other than that, this UI seems very well put together. The layout is very nice and streamlined, except I dunno what those buffs are doing floating about with no real alignment to anything (at the top of the screen). Your quest tracker's also out of place.
Quest tracker keeps popping up at inopportune times - I _THINK_ I've got it just about shut off, but it keeps popping up randomly when I'm in instances. I use MonkeyQuest normally for tracking - it sits above Skada.

Buffs/debuffs at the top are leftovers. Oops. Left over from my previous UI, that is. Need to get around to fixing them.

Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 View Post
It looks like your right action bar is a bit off. It looks like it's crowding your party frames a little bit. Also, (and this is pure personal preference) I'd do away with the shadow on all your text. I've never been a fan of font shadowing. I think it just looks sloppy. The unshadow'd text on your damage meter looks much nicer and cleaner than that in your fubar, unit frames, and chat window.
Problem is, since I don't have a background behind them anymore, they get very hard to see in certain situations - very bright areas, etc. I was going to put an outline around the font in Skada, but hadn't quite found the right line to change yet. I'll look at it again with outlines turned off, tho'.

Also, I think I fixed the action bar issue. Thanks for pointing it out!

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
As for a suggestion (possibly) im not sure what unit frames you are using but if the option exists try adjusting the offset of the text shadow. Some of the more bold fonts tend to look a little odd with it.

The power bars for the party frames are thinner on the top set. I would also make the panels on either side slightly further apart so your font doesn't overlap and you can center the map more accurately (its about 1 pixel too low).
Yeah, I liked the general idea of your UF's, and the texture from Limb0 really caught my eye - I just didn't like the dark blue, too close to the class color for shaman. :-)

It's done in StUF... and I thought I had my UI scaled properly for being pixel perfect, too. Hrmm. I'll have to dig into that. Thanks for pointing out the issue with those mana bars!

I'll get another screeny posted in a day or two, with the changes. :-)