View Single Post
08-12-07, 12:27 AM   #19
MentalPower
Auctioneer Lead Developer

Premium Member
Featured
NOTE: THESE RESPONSES ARE MY VIEWS ONLY BASED ON INFORMATION GATHERED FROM BLIZZCON.
Originally Posted by Tenson
I would like to know more about the hero class, if anyone can provide some details (if known).

1. Would the hero class be played alongside main? Or has to be played as alts (in other words, when it is logged in, no other classes can be played?)
The hero class would be another character in your character list. S/he would be another alt with the exception that you do not have to go all the way from lvl 1 with it. It will start off as a higher level character, exact level TBD.

2. Would the hero class be so desirable that instances/raids would be filled with them instead of regular classes? What would be some advantage/disadvantage for an instance group of 5 Death Knights?
There will obviously be some surge in Death Knights in the months following WotLK's release, but I don't think there will be 5 death knights in a group (since I don't think death knights will have any major healing abilities to speak of)

3. Would there be PvP/Battleground dedicated to only hero classes? Or would it be mixed? What about outdoor PvP? Would the hero class be overpowered against other Level 80 classes?
I don't think we'll see hero class only PvP/Battlegrounds, as far as the Death Knight being overpowered compared to other classes I don't think that will be the case either, I believe that they will be balanced just as all the current classes are balanced against each other.

4. This is more of an expansion question: will there be new abilities (and/or talent abilities) for players from 70-80? Or just more talent points?
Yes, there will be new talents and spells/abilities just like when Burning Crusade was released.

5. Another expansion question: what is the outlook on release date for WoLK (Wrath of the Lich King)?

Thanks!
When it's done™.

"If life hands you lemons ask for tequila and salt"
-Anonymous