Thread: Supporters?
View Single Post
07-20-09, 12:47 PM   #19
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by avid View Post
What do you want the developers to do? Sit full time and work for free? How selfish.
Unless you've donated to EVERY addon project that you use, or even author a project yourself, you have no right to call people who have paid "selfish".

Guess how many donations I've received total for my projects? NONE
Guess how often I support them? EVERY TIME I GET A BUG REPORT OR THINK OF SOMETHING USEFUL TO ADD

Why?

1) It's good practice for school for me.
2) For some strange reason I enjoy staring at code for hours on end.
3) As long as I keep things functional, maybe some day someone will throw a few bucks my way in appreciation of my time and work.

CFM, my latest project, took 4 months to write and literally every bit of my limited free time I have. Most bugs that have come up I've squashed the same day.

And again, what am I getting out of this? NOTHING AS OF THIS POST, JUST LIKE MOST OTHER AUTHORS.

Selfish? Yeah, whatever. As soon as Carb's devs mentioned that attention and updates would be based on how much they made, I donated. I've even stopped recommending this to other in-game and on the rare occurances I do, I make sure to mention that dev has come to a standstill and may be abandoned here soon.

Yeah, I feel my money was wasted. I feel like I've just paid for a raffle ticket that was never placed in the bowl.

Last edited by Sythalin : 07-20-09 at 12:49 PM.