View Single Post
12-05-10, 02:31 AM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by miniterror View Post
is it possible for someone to have a different ui for each character in a single wow account? for example, my priest has a healer ui but i dont want that for my dk. would it be possible to use 2 completely different ui downloaded from here?
Err not very easily. I have my ui's setup as single addons that point to all the relevant files for each of my toons. It took a long time for me to get it fixed up I would say close to 40 hours of real time work.

You basically have to figure out with addons each ui uses, Then go through make a list of all the files each addon calls as well as and libraries then you need to make a single toc file to call each addon in that specific "setup" You have to follow the paths the the files exactly and in most cases additional toc files had to be modified. This is something you want to make sure your going to use full time. And then each time a addon gets updated you will most likely have to edit files again.

The alternative is to have inside your C:\World Of Warcraft folder several Interface folders each named properlly. InterfaceDPS InterfaceHealing InterfaceRanged etc...... Then each time you want to switch a toon your need to exit the game. Rename the current Interface folder to Whatever it may be say InterfaceMelee, then rename the interface folder that you are going to use next to Interface. A few issues with this is that you have to exit wow each time, You have to keep multipule copies of some addons.

There is another method using the addon called "Addon Loader" From what i understand you would modify the toc of each addon to specify what group that addon would belong to and then when you loged into say a priest it would load the addon's for the "priest"..... Don't quote me on this though i have never used it.

The next option is to create a custom Profile for each toon using "Reflux" Setup your layout the way you want it, then you would save the profile using the proper syntax /reflux save RangedDps. You would do this for each "setup" Then when switching toons you would load the profile with /reflux switch profile name.