View Single Post
01-01-17, 08:21 PM   #1
JetstreamXT
A Defias Bandit
/inspect Data Dump and C_TransmogCollection Functions

Hello, fairly new AddOn developer here, so I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong thread or if I've missed anything obvious in my search for help.

So, for my first project, I am attempting to create a companion addon for MogIt that would create a wishlist set based off of a target's transmog. Problem being, I cannot find anything in the WoW API that would allow me to get raw data on another player's transmog without opening the inspect window.

Furthermore, I do not fully understand the outputs of the functions in C_TransmogCollection. For example, C_TransmogCollection.GetAppearanceSources(30469) gives me this:

2 1671 false 135051 false [] 2

But I have no idea what that means or if it would be helpful to me, and searches on Google, WoW Programming, and WoWWiki have turned up nothing on these functions.

Perhaps a better route would be to add a button to the inspect tab, similar to InspectorGadgetzan, that would allow you to export someone's transmog into MogIt, which would solve the first problem, but would leave the second problem still to be dealt with.

Does anyone know if there is a function that would be able to get me raw inspect data without opening the inspect tab, or have any experience working with C_TransmogCollection functions, specifically GetAppearanceSources? Thank you very much for your time and assistance in advance, and have a great day.