View Single Post
08-03-09, 07:34 AM   #55
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Curumtiny View Post
I think one of the major differences is also that in EQ you had to act and operate as a team in essence to get anything accomplished. Only about 2 classes in EQ could solo leveling all the way up to the highest level. Parties were needed to level your character to the highest level. At one time the Everquest raid were set up for 72 people content. The guild that I was in EQ back in the days of Planes of Power expansion had raid sizes of over 100 people. Where we had to have 1.5 raids on some of the nights.

I loved EQ for the 6 years I played it for different reasons then I love WoW. EQ was fun but it was also PAIN. I am just saying WoW is alot more based on the idea of solo play.

And this is one of the things that I think WoW is horrible at. Until hitting 80, there is little incentive to team up. In fact, depending on your class, you level slower if you grab a team and go questing. I think that is just so very wrong and against the whole point of an MMO. (yes I still play it anyway *sigh*)