View Single Post
08-23-12, 01:56 PM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I updated the screenshots to show the shared byte highlighting and the new UTF-8 support. Added as another screenshot is the Call Stack display.

I haven't noted above, but the color coding for the message list is as follows:
The message prefix on the left side of each button is color coded to indicate what channel the message came from or was sent through. The color used comes from the game's color settings and can be changed through such. The player is usually the source of the message, but in the case of an outbound whisper, it'll be the target's name. The player name is colored as to the direction the message went.

<IN> - This was a message received through the addon channel.
<OUT> - This was a message sent out through the addon channel.
<ECHO> - Only appears for messages sent through a broadcast channel like PARTY/RAID/BATTLEGROUND/GUILD, This is a message that the server has bounced back (sends to everyone including back to sender).

The call stack as described before, is a stack trace at the time a prefix was registered or when a message has been sent. As such, the Call Stack display will show as accordingly. For <OUT> messages, this will be the stack trace for the message sent. For <IN> and <ECHO> messages, this will be the stack trace of the registered prefix. For prefixes that haven't been registered, the associated button in the message list is colored red to indicate the problem. In the occasion it's colored yellow, this means the server acknowledges the prefix has been registered, but there is no call stack data available for its registration.