View Single Post
11-09-19, 05:06 PM   #1
LBXZero
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Spellbook in Classic WoW, looking for Feedback

The mod I made and am still working on is SpellBook Abridged for WoW Classic. Right now, I am trying to keep the Spellbook normal, but I added a filter to select between showing all spells and showing only the highest rank of each spell. On my last update, I also included a function that replaces spells in the action bars when a higher rank is just learned, but only the previous highest rank, not the rest.

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...oWClassic.html

My current objective is to help improve visibility of spells that are usable in the current stance or form, a way to help druids quickly see which spells work in which form (and warriors if applicable). Basically, I am looking for suggestions on how to display the spells that are not usable in the current form. I am also working on ways to identify the spells without keeping a library in the addon.

I am also looking for other suggestions to make the Spellbook nicer in WoW Classic without a significant overhaul of the existing Spellbook design.

My current limit is the Spellbook addon has taint bugs when open during combat. I took the simpler approach and have the Spellbook close and not open during combat.