Thread: BlizzCon
View Single Post
11-04-05, 04:42 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
BlizzCon

As I said on the post on the front page, for all that I'm "press", I'm not a reporter. I'm just a regular person. This was my week:

Wednesday, 26 Oct 05

Wasn’t able to sleep at all last night, too excited. Caught my flight out of Ottawa at 9 am local time. From there to Toronto, spend a couple hours sitting around, then on to the next step, Denver for another couple hours. From there to, YAY, Orange County LA, arriving around 4 pm local time (7 pm back at home). 10+ hrs traveling, all told, not including the couple hours from when I left the house in Ottawa until my first flight departed.

Slouken met me at the airport and took me to my hotel. Wandered down to the Convention center after he dropped me off, got myself checked in, picked up the passes for Dolby & Kaelten. Snagged dinner at the Outback Steakhouse, then back to the hotel where I passed out solid, not having had more than 2 hrs sleep since waking Tuesday.

Thursday, 27 Oct 05

Slouken picked me up around noon, went and had lunch with his family, then off to Blizz HQ for the afternoon! All I can say is, if you ever get the opportunity to go on one of their official tours, take it! The folks at Blizz really are as friendly as they seemed at the ‘con. The thing that impressed me most, though, is the fun, energy and enthusiasm they bring to their jobs. They really do love WoW, for all that it is their “job”. I got to see lots of stuff, most of which I’m not allowed to talk about, obviously, since I got a less official but much more in-depth tour, go go NDA!

After my afternoon at Blizz HQ, Slouken whisked me back to my hotel where I hooked up with Kaelten and then to meet up with Dolby, Kudane & his wife Leah, and some other friends of theirs for dinner. Lots of firsts for Cairenn on this trip. First time I’ve ever gotten to meet all of these people that have been friends, guildmates, and colleagues for all these years. We went to a Japanese restaurant called Benihana. Another first for me, I’ve never had Japanese before. Our chef was a real comedian and the food was delicious.

Back to the hotel and try to get to sleep. Had a hard time, too excited!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	entrance_lineup.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	757  Click image for larger version

Name:	front_lobby.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	758  Click image for larger version

Name:	opening_01.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	759  Click image for larger version

Name:	opening_02.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	760  

Name:	opening_03.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	761  Click image for larger version

Name:	opening_04.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	762  Click image for larger version

Name:	opening_05.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	763  Click image for larger version

Name:	art-dragons.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	764  

Name:	art-elves.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	765  Click image for larger version

Name:	art-evil.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	766  Click image for larger version

Name:	art-throne.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	767  Click image for larger version

Name:	ClassPanel1.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	768  

Name:	ClassPanel2.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	769  Click image for larger version

Name:	statue_banners.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	770  Click image for larger version

Name:	WOWIteam copy.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	900  

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-09-06 at 06:35 PM.