View Single Post
09-15-10, 05:20 AM   #1
Taoth
A Fallenroot Satyr
LF Author to update a mod for Cataclysm

Hey all, going into Cataclysm there aren't a whole lot of addons I use, and most are getting updates from their original authors, however of all the addons I use this one is one of the few that is actually important to my gameplay, as I hide my bound action bars.

The addon is called Cooldown Buttons, and what it does is provides non-clickable icons for cooldowns that can be placed anywhere on your screen, scaled, individually, etc. I love it because I absolutely hate those bar mods that are constantly cycling and are arbitrarily large. Icon and number is all I need, and being able to individually position the icons helps alot in not having to look at a whole bar of spells, of which theres probably only a couple CDs to look at.

The problem is of course, that this addon has not been updated since December of 2008, and the author is unresponsive. It has still worked throughout Wrath (though it can't track Wind Shear after it was split from shocks >.<), but is broken on the PTR and thus for Cataclysm as well.

There is no other addon i've found anywhere that does what it does.

The addon link here on WoWInterface is:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...wnButtons.html

I do hope someone can pick this awesome addon up and keep it updated for Cataclysm.