View Single Post
05-26-09, 06:33 PM   #36
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by break19 View Post
AOL connection. period
Nice, you about made me piss myself.

On a more on-topic note. I have well over 100 addons. Between the Curse client, and then email notifications from WOWI (Lets face it, who doesn't check email atleast once a day?), I can pretty easily keep my addons up-to-date.

Is it ideal? no way. I used to use WM and Curse client, which had pretty much everything I needed, but then I started realizing how unbelievidly outdated WM was. In some cases, WM would update an addon to the "newest version" which was months out of date. Not to mention it would over-write the addon I'd just updated with Curse!

So now to the bottom line. There's certain addons that will be on WOWUI, WOWI, and Curse. Some will be on only 1 site, and some will be on all. I don't want to go to 3 sites for my addons, and my current method of updating works just fine (although it's hell on patch days that break my addons, go blizz!). After 3.1 launched, I'd have to check my mail multiple times a day for the lovely favorites update emails from WOWI. So Minion will be great if Curse jumps on board. I just forsee problems where addons are on multiple sites, how to gauge which one is infact newer.....

So I will wait (probably impatiently), and hope that Minion is what it sounds like it'll be. On a side note, have you guys asked whoever is working on the curse updated for help coding/debugging? I'm sure you guys want this code kept secret or whatever, but maybe they can help? Might help secure thier support!

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com