View Single Post
11-04-14, 09:17 PM   #12
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no way to save addon data -- including the positions of addon frames -- on the server. You could write an addon to copy certain addon data into macros (which are saved on the server) and then restore that data when you log in and your macros are loaded, but you wouldn't be able to store much data that way since macros can only hold 255 characters, and if you're already copying the addon to handle that between computers, you might as well just copy your settings file(s) between computers instead.

Your macros don't save the position and size of between sessions because you're just moving and resizing the frame -- you're not telling Skada to update its record of where to place the frame and how big to make it, so the next time when you log in and Skada creates the frame again, it places and sizes it based on its own record, because it doesn't know you wanted anything else.

You should look in the Skada code to see what code it runs when you move/resize the frame. Or just manually move and resize the frame to the approximate place and size you want, and then edit the addon's saved variables file to make it "pixel perfect" if you want.