View Single Post
11-11-08, 09:17 PM   #14
Kywin
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by tralkar View Post
Cleaning and other small things should not change anything on the server, unless there sticking there little hands where they don't belong.
Once again, you ASSUME that you know what's involved in "maintenance". My original critic is the armchair tech's view that since my desktop is so simple, why can't their 3,000 servers with a mega-infinity of cables and files be just as simple. It's JUST NOT.

It's akin to somebody watching Peyton Manning throw an interception, and saying "OH MY GOD HE SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS etc etc" When the person making the comment probably couldn't hold down his lunch in an NFL huddle, let alone throw the ball.

You'll have to pardon my sarcastic tone, I just never get used to alarmists and reactionaries. These servers are delicate, and there's LOTS of them...and they are ALL CONNECTED. Ya, in a perfect world, this wouldn't be true. For some, in a perfect world we could LIVE Warcraft...

A bit of patience and maturity isn't so much to expect. Let's reserve the posting etc to real updates as opposed to speculation from bystanders about how things should be done.