Thread: Be gentle :|
View Single Post
02-19-13, 01:22 PM   #11
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
did it do that because it thinks it's new.... or did it do that because it's flagged as beta.... it's my first time pushing a beta update to curse so i'm not 100% on how it handles the differences between release, beta and alpha
Because the CC thinks it is a new AddOn. Double check to see if you suddenly have more than one Carbonite saved variable file. I didn't use Carb, although I just downloaded the beta to give it a whirl. For those who did use the two versions, check both locations for your SVs. Given Rythal's change to the DB structure, player's settings have done one of two things:
  1. Completely overwritten because the old Carb used global settings, or
  2. You have both a global and a character specific file, one of which is redundant maybe
By default, the Curse Client does not delete saved variables, unless it thinks you are deleting an old AddOn. The CC's upgrade procedure does not delete SVs; it does delete the AddOn folders and replace them with the newer versions, but upgrading does not touch AddOn settings.

What is more likely is the game itself wiped Carbonite.lua from the WTF folder, overwriting it with the newer version.

If the Curse Client were to delete a saved variables file, it will prompt the user, and not do it automatically. if you did not see that prompt during Carbonite's upgrade in the Client, then the client did not delete the file.

In my other secret identity, I am a Curse Moderator, and am supposed to know these things!