View Single Post
07-22-16, 02:25 PM   #5
ceylina
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Even more fun

If I try and run

Code:
/dump AuctionCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse.selectedCategoryIndex].subCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse.selectedSubCategoryIndex].subCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse.selectedSubSubCategoryIndex].filters
with no auction categories open at all (meaning all those sections like weapons and armor not selected)

I get the error (this is with the auction house open to browse and no categories selected):

Code:
1x [string "return AuctionCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse..."]:1: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
[string "return AuctionCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse..."]:1: in function `func'
Blizzard_DebugTools\Dump.lua:389: in function `DevTools_DumpCommand'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2308: in function `?'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4332: in function <FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4279>
[C]: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4000: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4036: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Locals:
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
If I open a category, sub category, and sub sub category of armor / mail / head, I get this as a result

Code:
Dump: value=AuctionCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse.selectedCategoryIndex].subCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse.selectedSubCategoryIndex].subCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse.selectedSubSubCategoryIndex].filters
 [1]={
   [1]={
     subClassID=3,
     inventoryType=1,
     classID=4
   }
 }
So there you go. Instead of returning nil and checking for that to make sure you don't error out, filter data setup around line 399 will throw an error that causes problems down the code chain.

Even just running /dump AuctionCategories[AuctionFrameBrowse.selectedCategoryIndex].filters does it without a category selected.

So therefore, is this code the bug?

Code:
	local filterData;
	if categoryIndex and subCategoryIndex and subSubCategoryIndex then
		filterData = AuctionCategories[categoryIndex].subCategories[subCategoryIndex].subCategories[subSubCategoryIndex].filters;
	elseif categoryIndex and subCategoryIndex then
		filterData = AuctionCategories[categoryIndex].subCategories[subCategoryIndex].filters;
	elseif categoryIndex then
		filterData = AuctionCategories[categoryIndex].filters;
	else
		-- not filtering by category, leave nil for all
end
/dump AuctionFrameBrowse.selectedCategoryIndex without anything open category wise returns "empty result"

Last edited by ceylina : 07-22-16 at 02:46 PM.