View Single Post
03-30-13, 01:36 AM   #5
j800r
An Aku'mai Servant
Cheers, I'll give it a shot.

I was curious about the current differences with nUI6 anyway so it will be a great excuse to try it out. It's amazing how sporadic the framerate seemed to be. After further playing I noticed sometimes it would still reach up to 70+ yet at particularly busy times it would sink down to 13 or lower.

**update**

Eh...give nUI6 a whirl and have to say I am not a fan of it in it's current state. Some UI tweaks are for the worse (no minimap button bag yet, exp/rep bars up top etc) plus the basic slash command doesn't work and plugins are not compatible yet. There might have been a slight FPS jump but not enough to make it worth the loss in functionality.

So I reverted back to nUI5 and tweaked my graphical settings down to fair. Still get the occasional slowdown but overall FPS isn't too bad I guess. Tolerable, one might say. I'm also currently using Carbonite with it but I may remove that so that could also possibly help boost fps although I'm not certain on that.

As previously mentioned I'm still currently in the trial stage so I'm not certain I'll stick with nUI permanently but what I can say is I've tweaked it a little so now it at least LOOKS perfect for me.

Last edited by j800r : 03-30-13 at 03:25 AM.