View Single Post
08-22-10, 08:40 AM   #75
Tarrax Ironwolf
A Murloc Raider
Back in June, my wife, my friend (part of our guild), and my own accounts were hacked at the same time. None of us share any account information with each other, none of us use any add-on's that aren't from WoWInterface, and we are very familiar with not opening any suspicious program/email/messages we receive in email or other online sites.

Each of our computers are stocked up with anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware programs (My wife and I alone each have 5 such programs running).

Once we found out that we were hacked we all ran a sweep of our computers and they all came up clean. Not a single mal/spyware installed. We contacted Blizzard and they asked if we checked our computers, and we told them we were clean. They asked what programs we had installed and I listed them off, and support rep was quite surprised at our list (which was exactly what they're list consisted of).

So we aren't exactly sure how they were able to access our accounts when none of us leaked any info out either voluntarily or through a hidden malicious program?