View Single Post
08-17-12, 10:26 PM   #73
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Got this message today:

> Hello <name>,
>
> I'm am helping the team at World of Addons go through any take down requests and I would like to give you a call to go over some of the addons that are associated with you.
>
> What would be a good time to call you and what number should I use?
>
> Thanks!
>
> All the best,
>
> John Hoskin
> Creative Director
> TenTonHammer.com
Responded:

I am not interested in "going over" anything. Your website is distributing my copyrighted materials without my permission, in violation of US and international copyright law. This email address is plainly listed in each addon's TOC and README files as the author's email address, and my previous email included all of the information that is required by law, including a certification under penalty of perjury that I am the copyright holder. I do not consent to your website distributing my copyrighted materials, and insist that you immediately remove them.

I have already registered a formal complaint under the DMCA with your hosting company. If you have questions about copyright law, I suggest you consult your company's lawyers. If there is some other information you believe I must provide to you under the law before you are required to stop breaking the law, you may send a request for that specific information to me at this email address.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-17-12 at 10:33 PM.