View Single Post
03-23-19, 11:41 AM   #7
Terenna
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That does make sense and your explanation was both succinct and understandable. When I did try and hook each individual button with the 2nd block of code in the original post for this thread, I got tainting. Curious if it was from shitty secure frame code that wasn't actually secure, I did something as simple as this:
Lua Code:
  1. overrideButton:HookScript('OnAttributeChanged', function()
  2. end)

and/or

Lua Code:
  1. button:HookScript('OnAttributeChanged', function()
  2. end)

that is, a blank function that simply hooked into the script, it caused tainting. So that's when I thought I couldn't hook into the individual buttons no matter what I did. To fairly easily recreate the taint, you can use the BfA "turtles" faction quests that involve you becoming the crab or defending the baby turtles. Allow yourself to get in combat by shooting something and then leave and then reenter and you'll taint with any sort of HookScript on the override or ActionButtons.

That being said, is my solution using the secure code snippets and the registered state driver the "correct" way to go about my initial desire? Or is there a less verbose method that doesn't involve secureframes?

Last edited by Terenna : 03-23-19 at 11:47 AM.